Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

Sun, Nov 29, 2020 12:52 PM

Closed

unable to shutdown iMac after upgrade to BigSur

I hace recently upgraded to OS Big Sur and also updated Trend Micro (11.0.1976), now I can't shut down my iMac.

After every single try to shut down, the iMac restarts and I get the following message: "Your computer restarted because of a problem".

Only if I shut down the Trend Micro Anti Virus programm, I can shut down my iMac successfully.

Best regards and thanks for your help!

Brand User
tm_kath

Legend

• 

731 Messages

• 

13K Points

2 years ago

Hi dominikgin,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

Can you try to do a clean reinstall. Completely uninstall Trend Micro then freshly install it. You may click the links below for a guide.

How to uninstall Antivirus for Mac

How to install Antivirus for Mac

I hope this helps.

- TM_Kath

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

I also downloaded Big Sur and am having problems with my Trend Micro installing properly. I purchased TM thru Best Buy and supposedly there's a special link I need to use to install Trend Micro again. However, when I try to do the installation the TM installer won't recognize my serial number. Very frustrated with Trend Micro!

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

@katherine_turqueza 

Unfortunately that didn't help. I've tried several times. The Mac can only be shut down when TM is not running.

Very frustrating ...

Brand User

Hustler

• 

116 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

Thank you for your response, sjscharmed. Can you please provide what Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac version do you have? To check if you have the latest version of the program click here.

Awaiting for your response.

-TM_Aly

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

Hi! Thanks für the really fast response!

Best regards

Brand User

Hustler

• 

116 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

Thank you for your response, dominikgin. I will send you an email to further check your concern.

-TM_Aly

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

2 years ago

Additionally, the Trend Micro techs on their chat feature are trying to help so many customers that it takes a very long time between the chats back and forth and it's difficult to get anything truely completed

You'd think they'd hire more people. I'll probably not use Trend Micro when my subscription is up sometime this summer.

Brand User
tm_cathy

Superstar

• 

576 Messages

• 

9.3K Points

Hi, sjscharmed!

We apologize to hear about your experience. We always aim to provide quality service to our customers, rest assured we'll take your experience into account to improve our support. 

Please use the installer from this link to install your Trend Micro subscription from Best Buy:

How to install Trend Micro Security bought from Best Buy

Let us know if you have further questions.

Need Help?

Ask the Community