Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

160 Points

Fri, Oct 29, 2021 6:56 PM

Closed

Resolved

Trend Micro Security for Best Buy extension for Microsoft Edge on Mac OS: counting as an additional (Windows) device

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with the Trend Micro Security for Best Buy extension on Microsoft Edge on Mac OS. I have Trend Micro™ Internet Security 2021.

I have the Mac as one of my protected devices. However, the Edge extension keeps on reading that the license is expired and that I should sign in. If I do, it says that my maximum number of devices limit is reached (I also protect a Windows PC and my phone with the same Trend Micro account). If I remove the Mac computer as a protected device and then sign into the extension, it counts as a Windows device in the Protected Devices area.

However, soon, the Trend Micro software on my Mac will soon log out and read as expired. If I log in, then it says my maximum number of devices is reached. It's the same device though! Is there any solution to this, or would it please be fixed?

Thanks so much.

Brand User
tm_karr

Prodigy

• 

231 Messages

• 

4.4K Points

1 year ago

Hi, Jean-Marc Giguère

I think the problem that you are experiencing right now is because a single device was registered twice on your account

What I suggest is to manage your Trend Micro account by opening this link: Manage Trend Micro Account

Let me know how it goes

TM_Karr

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

160 Points

@tm_karr is there any solution for this issue? Could I (temporarily) get protection for an additional device? Really want to be able to use the Edge extension.

Brand User
tm_kim

Legend

• 

682 Messages

• 

10.1K Points

Hi, dakxenon.

You can choose to activate the Trend Micro Security for Microsoft Edge for Best Buy under your Serial number and just install Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac Trial Version on your Mac. You can get the installer on the link below:

How to install Trend Micro Free Trial Antivirus on Mac

- TM_Kim

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

160 Points

Thanks! Strangely enough, the problem seems to have solved itself on its own...

Legend

• 

753 Messages

• 

13.4K Points

That's good to know, dakxenon.

We'll be right here if you need further assistance 

- TM_Rochelle

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

160 Points

@tm_rochelle Unfortunately the problem came back, do you know if there is any fix for this coming? I don't want to install a trial version because it will expire...

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

160 Points

9 months ago

Hi there, this issue still exists.

Need Help?

Ask the Community