Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Tue, Nov 16, 2021 9:43 PM

Notifications from Trend Micro

Trend Micro has recently notified me of my camera turning on. Noting the green light that usually associates with the camera turning on, this is either a useful feature or a scaremongering tactic. What I would like to see is the ability to click on this notification (have it last a little longer) or have the ability to click on a tab within trend micro to establish exactly what has caused the camera to be turned on so be able to trace it back and feed that back to either trend or to apple. This kind of data mining/botnet connection needs to be correlated and corrected for in the next update - remove the ability to remotely activate a camera/microphone without the users permission

Brand User
tm_angelo

Superstar

• 

335 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

11 d ago

Hi bahrcourt,

The Camera & Microphone protection will notify if apps are trying to access your camera and microphone so your privacy is always protected. The software doesn't have the feature to remotely access your camera/microphone.

For us to better understand the issue that you are encountering, can you please provide a screenshot or the exact message of the pop up?

Also, we will try to combine your feedback with our R&D, in order to provide better products.

Let us know how it goes.

-TM_Angelo

Need Help?

Ask the Community