Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

20 Points

Wed, Nov 13, 2019 8:14 PM

Microphone access logs

I just want to see what application activated my microphone at what time. I see the notification sometimes, and completely miss what could have caused it. (most of the time it's just Slack alerts for me.)

Brand User
tm_kim

Legend

• 

682 Messages

• 

10.1K Points

3 years ago

Hi, robert.

Can you send a screenshot of the notification you are getting about the activation of your microphone?

If you can also check the Camera and Microphone Protection feature of your Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac so we can see if this feature is causing the activation of your microphone. Here's how you can check on that: 

Using the Camera and Microphone Protection feature of your Antivirus for Mac

Awaiting for your response.

- Kim

1 Message

• 

60 Points

2 years ago

I'd also like to see this feature. The notification that "The microphone on this Mac has been turned on." is not very helpful if you don't know which application turned it on. I'm getting this notification quite often. I can recreate it simply by going to System Preferences>Sound - this makes the alert appear. In my case, it is somewhat more unusual since there IS NO MICROPHONE configured in my system. (I do have Soundflower installed.) Here's the image:

Since this feature is promoted by TrendMicro as: "The Camera & Microphone Protection feature of Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac notifies you if there is an application that will try to access your camera or your microphone, so your privacy is always protected.", it shouldn't be hard to add the application name and access time to a log file.

Then again, this could be happening only to people named Robert :(

Brand User

Hustler

• 

116 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

Hi bob_7f4fe2,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

In order to check the applications that are accessing your microphone on Mac, you can click here for the link on how to check the control access to your microphone on Mac.

Unfortunately, when this notification appears, we cannot identify what particular application is accessing your microphone since it is a product limitation. But we'll let our product developers know your suggestion to evaluate how they can make it possible in the future.

Let me know if you more questions.

-TM_Aly

Need Help?

Ask the Community