If I close Trend with the red circle in the upper left of the window, reopening it completely freezes the application on the splash screen
I have a 13 inch MacBook Pro 2019 model with an Intel i5 processor, 8 GB of RAM, and roughly 81 GB of free storage. I have Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac. To recreate the issue of Trend freezing after reopening it, here's how to recreate it:
1) On Mac startup, Trend Micro Antivirus launches. It appears in the system tray in the upper right next to the time/date/battery/etc and it appears in the dock.
2) Open Trend Micro Antivirus from the dock (where it appeared on startup) or the system tray icon.
3) It opens up saying you're protected and it's on the overview section of the application.
4) Click the red circle in the upper left of the application window to close Trend Micro Antivirus.
5) It closes and disappears from the dock.
6) Go to the system tray to see the Trend Micro Antivirus icon with the green check mark stating it's actively protecting you.
7) Click on the icon in the system tray to get the drop down.
8) Select "Update Now...", "Scan Now...", "Open Trend Micro Antivirus...", or any other option that opens the application window.
9) The application icon reappears in the dock and the application splash screen (big red square that shows the application name and copyright info) comes up.
10) At this point, the application window will not open and the splash screen doesn't go away. Attempting to close or interact with the application results in the cursor becoming a spinning rainbow wheel.
11) To get around this, I use the Siri shortcut on my touch bar to open Activity Monitor and I use that to Force Quit the Trend Micro Antivirus application. Then I restart my Mac.
This started immediately after receiving the following updates:
Core Controller (Old Version: 3.0.1064) (New Version: 3.0.1107)
Client (Old Version: 10.0.1686) (New Version: 10.0.1803)
Trend Micro Toolbar (Old Version: 10.0.1741) (New Version: 10.0.1803)
Smart Scan Agent Pattern (Old Version: 16.167.95) (New Version: 16.169.95)
Is anyone else experiencing this? Is this a known issue with the new version of the application? Are there any solutions or do I just wait for a new version with a bug fix?