Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Sat, May 29, 2021 12:12 AM

Closed

Resolved

How do i turn off banner notifications on my MAC?

I have enabled web advertisements on web filtering, but every time it blocks an advertisment it sends a banner on the right hand site. It is very annoying.

im using Trend micro antivirus for mac 2021 downloaded but says 2020 when i open it.

I have tried blocking it from notification center but it still keeps coming up. Please sort this out asap.

Brand User
tm_karr

Prodigy

• 

231 Messages

• 

4.4K Points

2 years ago

Hi, vineet.pal

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

May I know what is the exact message of the pop-ups that you are experiencing it would be better if you can send a screenshot below is how to

How to take a screenshot to send to Trend Micro Technical Support

One possible reason why you are experiencing the issue is because of the strength level of your Website Filter Feature
kindly set the level of Website Filter to Medium and check if the issue will still persist
In case you need more help, please let us know immediately.

TM_Kar

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

2 years ago

Find attached screenshot of the banner notification. I just want it to be silent and prevent or a minimal notification which goes away shortly. This just stays there until i click close. 

(edited)

Brand User
TM_Ann

Superstar

• 

650 Messages

• 

8.5K Points

Thank you, vineet.pal!

If you turn on the website filter and choose a category, it will automatically block all the sites that fall under it. Please check your configuration and turn off the Web Advertisement category on your Web Filtering.  

Let us know how it goes.
-TM_Ann

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Hi Ann, 

The problem is i don't want that NOTIFICATION BANNER to be coming up every time it blocks an Advertisement. 

is there any way to have the web advertisements blocked but not keep showing that banner ?

Issue : How to stop Trend Micro Notification Banner when it blocks  a web-advertisment?

Vineet 

Brand User
TM_Ann

Superstar

• 

650 Messages

• 

8.5K Points

Hi, vineet.pal

Currently, the Antivirus for Mac does not have a setting where you can turn off or configure the notification settings. However, we'll pass this to our developers to evaluate how they can make it possible in the future. 

-TM_Ann

Need Help?

Ask the Community