Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Thu, Aug 5, 2021 7:34 AM

Closed

Camera is On

Every time I opened my Mac, I found a notification from TREND that told me that there is an app opened the camera. 

My question is how can I know what is this app?

Brand User
tm_karr

Prodigy

• 

192 Messages

• 

3.6K Points

4 m ago

Hi, majabali

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community

The reason why every time you open your Mac you get a notification is because The Trend Micro apps are trying to access your camera and microphone so your privacy is always protected. For more information about this one please see the link below.

How to turn ON Camera and Microphone Protection for Mac

In case you need more help, please let us know immediately.

Regards

TM_Kar

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

4 m ago

this does not answer the question and I am here with the same question how do I know which app is accessing my microphone?

So there's no confusion I want to see the dialogue that says application "ABC" is trying to access your microphone" where does that get shown ? if it is trend micro itself why does it not say trend micro is trying to access your microphone and camera ? It seems a very poor implementation to me

Brand User
tm_kath

Superstar

• 

589 Messages

• 

8.2K Points

Hi seddison,
The Trend Micro program can only send notifications if there is an app accessing your mic and camera, it can not pinpoint which app is trying to do it. 
We'll have this passed to our R&D team for possible product improvement in the future.
- TM_Kath

Need Help?

Ask the Community