P
Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Tue, May 4, 2021 1:45 AM

Asked to grant full disk access again ...

After updating my Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac to Big Sur 11.3.1 I was asked to grant full disk access again. All check boxes have been correctly ticked in system preferences. I have unched and re-checked etc. What can I do please?

Responses

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

445 Messages

• 

5.7K Points

1 m ago

Hi ,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

May we know if you encountered any error messages? You will only need to tick Trend Micro Antivirus from the Privacy tab. You may click the link below for a guide on how to grant the Full Disk Access.

How to grant Full Disk Access for Antivirus for Mac

Let us know how it goes.

- TM_Kath

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

I have the same issue, TM on mac keeps asking me to "Allow Full Disk Access" but wheni follow all the insturctions and provide access in the OS security settings nothing changes in TM iOS 11.3.1

Brand User

Hustler

• 

162 Messages

• 

2.9K Points

Hi kkwa,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

May I know if you have tried to follow the instructions given in the link above on how to enable full disk access?

Also, kindly double check and make sure that the Trend Micro files are checked. Once checked kindly restart the mac and try to open the main console again.

Awaiting for you response.

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

Hi and thanks for the quick reply!

Yes I have made mutiple attempts at following the steps provided in the links above with no luck.

-kkwa

Prodigy

• 

296 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

Thank you for you response, kkwa

Since you followed the instruction given on this thread and the issue still persists. You may try to follow this guide: Fix "Helper Tool Required" on Mac

If Full Disk Access is still not working after, you may proceed on the reinstallation of the Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac. You may get the installer below:

How to install Antivirus for Mac

Hope this helps. Let us know here by responding to this thread. Thanks!

- TM_Rochelle

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

1 m ago

Hi pv.post,

For your situation where your Mac OS updated, it's possible this system affected the Full Disk Access as there are new updates implemented related to Mac OS security, and eventually, reinstallation is recommended. 

If reenabling it from System Preferences didn't work, you may try to follow this guide: Fix "Helper Tool Required" on Mac

You may proceed with the reinstallation if Full Disk Access is still not working after.

- TM_Reine