P
Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Tue, May 4, 2021 1:45 AM

Asked to grant full disk access again ...

After updating my Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac to Big Sur 11.3.1 I was asked to grant full disk access again. All check boxes have been correctly ticked in system preferences. I have unched and re-checked etc. What can I do please?

Responses

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

450 Messages

• 

5.8K Points

2 m ago

Hi ,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

May we know if you encountered any error messages? You will only need to tick Trend Micro Antivirus from the Privacy tab. You may click the link below for a guide on how to grant the Full Disk Access.

How to grant Full Disk Access for Antivirus for Mac

Let us know how it goes.

- TM_Kath

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Thank you Ktherine for your quick reply!

I followed the link during my TM install weeks ago.

Yesterday TM suddenly asked for Full Disk Access again (after upgrade to Mac Big Sur 11.3.1 ?).

Nothing helped like ticking and un-ticking in the Privacy Tab. So I re-installed TM and it worked ...

What to do please here?

Best Regards,

Peter

Brand User

Hustler

• 

93 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

Hi, pv.post

I would like to confirm if your Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac is installed successfully after following the steps on how to grant full disk access, is that right? 

For any concerns, feel free to message us again. 

Thank you,
-TM_JD

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Thank you Jan Dale, yes the new installation of TM went well.

But what to do if TM will ask me again for Full Disk Access in a few days (like after upgradung Mac OS) but all check boxes are ticked correctly?

Best, Peter

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

I just updated my OS to Big Sur 11.3.1 and have exactly the same issues as OP pvpost, but would like to add that the scanning and updating functions seem un-impaired. Just the same, I will reinstall TM just to get rid of the red exclamation point warning. I hope TM developers would take a look at this and update the issue as a patch that can be uploaded soon.

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

374 Messages

• 

5.3K Points

Thank you for informing us, edwin_hermoso.

Let us know how it goes.

- TM_Cathy

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

2 m ago

Hi pv.post,

For your situation where your Mac OS updated, it's possible this system affected the Full Disk Access as there are new updates implemented related to Mac OS security, and eventually, reinstallation is recommended. 

If reenabling it from System Preferences didn't work, you may try to follow this guide: Fix "Helper Tool Required" on Mac

You may proceed with the reinstallation if Full Disk Access is still not working after.

- TM_Reine