Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

250 Points

Tue, Feb 1, 2022 11:30 PM

Closed

WIFI and Devices using it

Trend House Call shows me what devices are connected. The edit section after a scan shows several rows of devices - all look familiar. What is missing is the ability to match a device icon with an ip address. There is only an icon picture. There is need to look up that device and see the activity of the device.  I have removed two unauthorized cameras already and know there is a third - somewhere. It would be helpful to locate that camera with more information and block it. Example: the Trend scan icon picture shows a camera but no other information. 

I have tried to log into my router by way of looking up the ip address. All efforts result in "Not Secure" so I back out. Is there a secure website that is a Network Watcher? Is there a secure website to connect to my router? 

I am making an effort to discover before I confront the individual misusing my wifi. Thank you for advice. 

Accepted Solution

Brand User
tm_kath

Legend

• 

682 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

Il y a 6 m

Hi @lesailboat10,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

HouseCall for Home Networks is used to scan your home network and connected devices. After running a scan, it will show the information of devices connected to your network. You might see devices that you are unable to identify if they belong to you. The link below is a guide on how to identify devices.

How to recognize devices connected to your home network

You may also try our Home Network Security. It connects to your home Wi-Fi router with an Ethernet cable. Once activated, the station scans all traffic passing in and out of your home network, allowing it to prevent intrusions, block hacking attempts, and web threats as well as protect your family’s privacy. You may check the link below to know more about its features.

Home Network Security

I hope this helps.

- TM_Kath

Accepted Solution

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

250 Points

Il y a 6 m

Thank you. 

Brand User
tm_kim

Legend

• 

682 Messages

• 

10.1K Points

You're welcome, lesailboat10. Let us know if you need further assistance.

- TM_Kim

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

250 Points

Il y a 6 m

Thank you. 

Legend

• 

736 Messages

• 

13.1K Points

You're welcome, lesailboat10. Have a great day! 

- TM_Rochelle

Need Help?

Ask the Community