• 

7 Messages

• 

172 Points

Tue, Dec 1, 2020 1:24 AM

Closed

Trend Micro Internet Home Security Device causing dropouts of NBN

Hi,

Is anyone noticing that their modem is dropping out and resetting itself since connecting the Trend Micro Home Internet Security box? How do you address this issue?

Brand User
tm_krizia

Prodigy

• 

460 Messages

• 

5.6K Points

1 y ago

Hi Anthony

May we know the following information below to check this? 

1. ISP: 

2. Router Brand and Model: 

3. Network Speed Test Result (With and Without Trend Micro): 
4. Does it happens to all of the devices connected to the Home Network Security? 

You may click this link to guide you on how to take a screenshot to send to Trend Micro Technical Support

Awaiting your response

-TM_Ann

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

172 Points

Hi,

Many thanks for your help.

1. Internode

2. Techicolour TG-789

3. 53.3Mbps download/18.1Mbps upload with both Trend Micro Home Internet Security on and off.

4. I don't know what you mean. Since I connected the Trend Micro Home Internet Security device, my modem keeps restarting itself on average about once a day. This means I temporarily lose internet connectivity to all my connected devices and have to wait for the modem to finish restarting.

tom_emmelot

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

31.6K Points

Hi radogna0071v,

This is set on the modem, to change that you must log on to your modem and look for that option to restart the modem every 24 hour.

Good luck,

Kind regards,

Tom

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

172 Points

Hi,

There is no such setting on my modem that restarts it every 24 hours - I confirmed this with my ISP.

I tried switching off the Trend Micro Home Security station and unplugging it from my modem several days ago and the modem has not restarted itself since.

Therefore it is the station that is causing the drop outs, not the modem.

Can someone please advise of a solution to this issue because I have a 2 year subscription that I do not want to go to waste.

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

Hi radogna0071v

May I know the current mode the Home Network Security is in? To verify please follow this guide: How to change Network Mode (Home Network Security)

Your router model Technicolor TG-789 should be compatible with Mode 1.

- TM_Reine

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

172 Points

Hi,

the device has always been set to Mode 1 since I set it up.

Regards,

Anthony

Need Help?

Ask the Community