Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

220 Points

Wed, Jun 23, 2021 3:41 AM

Set up - where is the pin for the app?

WHERE IS THE PIN NUMBER??? Where can I find the pin to pair my new home network security device to the mobile app? It is a device that plugs into my internet modem. The light is flashing green ready to go, but I can't find the pin to connect the app. I have called the help line 3 times!! Please help!! 

Responses

Brand User

Superstar

• 

471 Messages

• 

6.2K Points

1 m ago

Hi Isobel.wiber,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

You will need the pairing code to connect the app to the Station. Pairing Code from your Purchase can be found from the following:

• For online purchases, pairing code can be found from order confirmation email.
  • For retail purchases, pairing code is printed on the Quick Start Guide that comes with your Home Network Security Station.
  • For Trend Micro Device Security subscription, the serial number serves as your Home Network Security pairing code.

Here is a guide on how to pair Home Network Security app with the Station.

How to pair Home Network Security app with the Station

I hope this helps.

- TM_Kath

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

220 Points

1 m ago

It doesn't, unfortunately. There is no pairing code on the quickstart guide. 

Brand User

Hustler

• 

147 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

1 m ago

Hi Isobel.wiber,

May I know where did you purchase the Trend Micro Home Network Security?
Normally for online purchases, it is within the order confirmation email.
Can you try to check the receipt and the box of the Home Network Security and try to find a series of letters and numbers that you can use to pair your security app to the station.

I hope this helps 

Regards,

TM_Kar

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

220 Points

1 m ago

I bought at Harvey Norman Toowoomba. I have used the serial number on the docket to successfully activate the device security software package, but it doesn't work for the app. Even if I remove the dashes. 

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

211 Messages

• 

3.9K Points

1 m ago

Hi isobelwiber,

May I know if you have downloaded the Trend Micro home network security application? That would be the software use, to configure your Trend Micro home network security box.

Also, if you purchase Trend Micro Device Security with Ultimate Upgrade Pack the pairing code will start with X but if you have purchase a stand alone Trend Micro home network security license the pairing code will have " z z" as it's last character.

Hope this helps!

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

220 Points

1 m ago

There is a 20-character voucher number on my receipt. I used this to activate the software via my website user account. It doesn't open the app. I get an error code. There is nothing ending in zz. 

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

211 Messages

• 

3.9K Points

1 m ago

Hi isobelwiber,

The voucher code can be use to activate the Trend Micro home network security software.

Kindly follow the instructions below, on how to install the software so you can pair your Trend Micro home network security box.

How to install Home Network Security

Let us know how  it goes.

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

220 Points

1 m ago

It doesn't work.  I've tried all codes from wrong on the base.