F

3 Messages

• 

40 Points

Thursday, January 30th, 2020 9:47 PM

Closed

cellphone battery

Hi, since installing HNS, mobile devices on my network are consuming battery very quickly. One device that would last normally 3 days barely lasts a day, another that normally last a day needs recharging twice daily.

I had to disconnect the device because of this; it is a very serious problem.

Can you help please?

Thanks.

3 Messages

• 

40 Points

3 years ago

Note please: one of the devices has the HNS app installed, however other cellphones with this problem do not have the app installed.

So it's not caused by the app, though the app might be making the problem worse.

Brand User
tm_cha

Prodigy

• 

361 Messages

• 

5.4K Points

3 years ago

Hi, fc_trend_hns!

We're sorry to hear about your experience. This is not the normal behavior of the program. Are you able to check the battery usage of your phone if the Home Network Security app uses a high percentage of battery and provide a screenshot of it so we can further check it here on our end? 

~Cha

3 Messages

• 

40 Points

Thanks tm_cha.

It is not caused by the app. The issue also occurs for cellphones that do not have the app installed. I found your KB article https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/1116296.aspx which says:

"There may be an impact to the power saving functions of devices, due to
the ARP Spoofing function of the Home Network Security Station"

How can I resolve this please?

Thanks.

(edited)

Brand User
tm_kath

Legend

• 

760 Messages

• 

14.7K Points

Hi, fc_trend_hns.

Can you provide us screenshot of the battery usage of the devices that consumes battery quickly. Can you also try to remove Home Network Security and see if there is any improvement on battery consumption.

Awaiting your response.

- Kath

2 Messages

• 

30 Points

3 years ago

Hmm, come to think of it, my phone is draining a lot quicker since recently installing the app

Brand User
tm_pia

Prodigy

• 

268 Messages

• 

3.5K Points

Hi karen214,

Are you pertaining to the Home Network Security application as well? or the  Trend Micro Mobile Security? 

If you are pertaining to the Home Network Security, please provide the details asked from the above. This will help us to further check on the issue. Thank you!

Awaiting your response.

~Pia

Need Help?

Ask the Community